Sunday, February 19, 2006

Adsense ? The Powerful Passive Income Generator

Webmasters have a revolutionary new method of collecting income from their websites.

Whereas in the past advertising revenue was reserved for those sites with large a coming and going of visitors, now even teenagers are making a quick buck with their online hobby blogs. People place adsense on their online family photo albums, their blogs and their business sites. The minimum you would get, even with a small amount of traffic, is for adsense to pay for your hosting costs.

Adsense revolutionized the world of paid advertising; banner advertising is based on the number of visitors you attract to your site, so the number of ?banner impressions? dictate the revenue you receive. Google Adsense is quite different; it is the number of visitors that actually click on the advertising that determine how much you earn.

There is also a great disparity between payouts; because advertisers bid up the price for certain keywords, some ads pay more than others. As such, a site with few visitors but expensive keywords in their google ads can potentially still pull in a hefty payout.

Google really has taken the web by storm; attracted to passive income, more and more people are seriously capitalizing on their Google adsense advertising. Some of the highest earners manage to attract enough visitors to make a four figure monthly income, just from using adsense alone! This is not one of those get-rich-quick schemes and Google?s adsense success is largely thanks to the fact that Google already enjoyed a fantastic reputation before introducing the program. They are a publicly traded company with physical headquarters. This, and the fact that anyone can apply to use adsense for free, has caused millions of people to sign up. For google it was a smart move, because now they extend their presence to countless websites and generate millions of dollars in advertising revenue. People were never reluctant to sign up, because the program is free. Google benefits by more people using adsense, so offering it for free was the best thing they could do.

One of the driving forced behind the program are its relevance to each and every page on a website; the program picks up keywords appearing in the website copy and automatically displays relevant ads. This increases the chances of people clicking through, and the webmaster collecting more revenue.

People are leveraging their income by operating several websites and attempting to attract as many targeted visitors as possible; in many instances we can observe that people work hard at a site, then once it is established they can largely leave it alone, yet still collect significant checks.

A major concern for entrepreneurs was the danger of a competitors ads showing up on their site; thanks to the adsense feature where it only displays relevant advertising. However this problem was solved by offering webmasters the option of filtering out unwanted ads. They can submit the URL of the competing site in their account, and any ads from the website will be blocked.

Google recently came out with a new feature: small targeted keywords based on the site?s content are displayed; then as people click on those, a page opens showing a variety of pay-per-click ads based on that keyword. This gives webmasters the chance of displaying more advertising in less space.

Adsense also adds creditability to your website; the more focused the content, the better the ads will be and this encourages people to built high quality websites. These make the net a better place and generally provide a free service; site owners can afford to share their expertise or passions because they can receive indirect revenue?s. The visitor does not pay for the information; instead the advertisers do, making the website?s existence possible in the first place.

It is no surprise Google adsense is the most widely used form of advertising; they have created a program that is beneficial to both advertisers and users with their ?no click no pay? mechanism, or more popularly called ?pay-per-click?. Advertisers do not pay for ads that are not drawing visitors, and website owners are paid more for each click than they would if the system were based on the number of people viewing the ads, instead of clicking on them.

All in all Google adsense has developed itself into a powerful tool, used by large corporations and the kid next door. They have truly revolutionized how the web thinks about advertising and made the process more profitable for site owners, while less costly for advertisers.

Matt Bacak, The Powerful Promoter and Entrepreneur Magazine e-Bizradio show host, became a \"#1 Best Selling Author\" in just a few short hours. He has helped a number of clients target his specialty, opt-in email direct marketing systems. The Powerful Promoter is not only a sought-after internet marketer but has also marketed for some of the world\'s top experts whose reputations would shrivel if their followers ever found out someone else coached them on their online marketing strategies. For more information, visit Bacak\'s site at http://www.powerfulpromoter.com or sign up for his Powerful PromotingTips at http://www.promotingtips.com

33 Comments:

Anonymous GunitGangsta said...

good read

http://www.hiphoptakeover.com

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adsense is great. I just signed up for it and already seeing the benefits.
Ok, im not getting that much $$, but anything helps right?

Good article

-www.keshavjee.net

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used on my old boards and it brought some in. I do agree though that google is taking the web by storm. I have a lot of discussions about google and it will take over much more of the industries in the future. Very good read.

-http://www.SSChevyTalk.com/

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Phil said...

I would use use it but it's getting the right keywords to reduce MAX Per Day costs but still get a high rating....

http://www.philcanavan.com/forum

4:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i here it costs a lot of money if you dont limit your budget to a sertain amount of clicks, be carefull incase it goes haywire ;)

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are alternatives to Google which people do nto realize because of how it is spreading. Oh do I remember the first day I stumbled onto Google the mere 5.5 years ago...


-http://www.artisansenigma.com

7:47 PM  
Blogger rick.m said...

This is quite a nice read!

I like your views and thoughts...I used adsense on my last site and forums however found that it wasnt working to well for me.

Rick,

whichBB.org

3:03 AM  
Anonymous DJL2K said...

I used Adsense when I was making my old site. But found that it's not much use if you don't get that many hits. But Google is taking over the web nowadays.


http://www.webtalkuk.com

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great read, very helpful

http://www.lowandloud.com

9:12 AM  
Blogger Dragonfire said...

Good read.

If I could, I would probably put AdSense on my site.

- http://wzzt.wr3k.com/

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever get over my allegy to adverts, I will be going with adsense or something like it, it's a great system.

Death to the animated banner advert!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent article! AdSense really has changed the industry.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article, very helpful. Thanks!

http://www.enchantedentertainment.co.uk/forum

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great read, thanks for the information. But I think my website might be too new for adsense.


www.linuxservertalk.com

1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will give it some consideration. Thankyou.

www.risingphoenix.dynamized.com

5:59 AM  
Anonymous residential mortgage said...

Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on mortgage banking when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on mortgage banking then drop by the site above and check it out.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous american home mortgage said...

Wow! While I was searching for info on mortgage interest I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for mortgage interest. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about mortgage interest.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Teknomancer said...

A well researched and written article.

Adsense is very easy to use, customizable to fit your site and has all the strong points to make it a success.

I recently heard a few bad things about Google not paying up, but just a few weeks ago my brother (who runs a forum) got his $100 cheque mailed to him all the way from the US!!

That convinced me that Google are indeed being honest. My site also has adsense in it, and I'm quite happy to be using it.

BTW, I heard Yahoo also has a very similar Adsense thing, have not tried that yet.

4:56 AM  
Anonymous mortgage life insurance said...

I was out blog surfing looking for some info on mobile home mortgage when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for mobile home mortgage. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about mobile home mortgage at the site above.

2:22 PM  
Blogger l.g.s said...

thank you.

http://www.tactical-illusion.com/board/

10:04 AM  
Blogger l.g.s said...

thanks.

http://www.tactical-illusion.com/board

10:04 AM  
Anonymous BadKarma said...

Thank you so much for the tips. This article is very helpfull, it helps you grow your Adsense revenue. It will not effect on the spot but has very long term effects and it rapidaly increases your Adsense $$.

http://www.talkdesi.com/forums

4:34 PM  
Blogger Lawn Forum said...

We were an adsense user, but have since moved to yahoo publisher network. We are happy with yahoo.

Lawn Care Forum

1:23 AM  
Anonymous 010081 said...

adsense is a great program really doing good in internet business,also making us rich keep it up ,such good article will help us to learn more about earning money through google thankx

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very useful entry. Personally I really agree with you.

forums.thetrinirevie.com

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very useful entry. Personally I really agree with you.

forums.thetrinireview.com

7:37 PM  
Anonymous lexinton law credit repair said...

Hi, I have seen all very good Debt Consolidation websites, but www.debt1consolidation.com is the one that saved my bum.. :) I am so happy to be out of debt! Sarah Lee, Usa.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous credit repair company said...

Hi, I have seen all very good Debt Consolidation websites, but www.debt-consolidation.com is the one that saved my bum.. :) I am so happy to be out of debt! Sarah Lee, Usa.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Britt Phillips ComputerMillions.com said...

Hi my name is Britt and for months I was frustrated over Google AdWords and AdSense. I bought all the courses and ebooks and found most of them to be useless crap that only rehashed the same outdated worthless junk that simply doesnt work anymore. I refused to give up and mow my daily earnings are almost six times what they were before all thanks to the http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?Clk=1482141 Google AdSense I found and figuring out what I was missing.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost in the credit card junlgle? Keep your cool and apply online for credit card. A hassle free way to your credit card.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meet nice first site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/lewismorrison] adipex meridia phentermine xenical [/url]

http://trailfire.com/lewismorrison
[url=http://trailfire.com/lewismorrison] phentermine diet pill [/url]

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take a look at my special site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/valium] order valium [/url]

http://trailfire.com/valium
[url=http://trailfire.com/valium] valium without prescription [/url]

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take a look at my first blog -

[url=http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-mesothelioma] mesothelioma and asbestos [/url]

http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-mesothelioma
[url=http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-mesothelioma] asbestos mesothelioma national statistics update [/url]

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home